Saturday, July 11, 2015

"Celebrating a Grateful Day"

Our little four years old Grandson had his first "sleep over" at Grandma Nonni and Grand dad's house last night, (without big sister). He's been very excited for weeks in anticipation of this event. I went to pick him up, and he had his back pack on is back before I could say hello. Waiting to leave, while I visited with his mother (my daughter) took a great deal of patience on his part, of which he had little. When we finally were driving away from their house he said, "I bet my parents are going to miss me."  I said, "I bet you will miss them too." "No, only a little bit." Proud of his parents that he feels secure about who he is at this young age. We had a lovely evening. One of his favorite things to do is play the instruments from the big music chest.
Time goes by so fast, filled with the jarring business of life. I feel the need to slow down with disciplined intention and deep awareness, in order to capture the remarkable experiences of my grand children joyfully playing and growing in my presence. I celebrate the gifts of this good day with gratitude and grace. His mother took this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment